March 8, 2011

Girly Party Food

My older sister turned fifty a few weeks ago.  To help celebrate the milestone, I planned to host a small gathering of her very closest friends.  We would eat girly food, gather by the fire, and share a laugh or two (or three).  


Unfortunately, the birthday girl was feeling under the weather on party day.  Lucky for my family, we had a delicious and fancy Sunday dinner.  My guys didn't complain one bit about eating girly party food.  


The Menu
Fruit Salad with Limoncello (minus the Limoncello)


The chocolate mousse was a big hit.  The consistency was perfect for piping and the flavor was super delicious.  My guys suggested I serve it in larger portions next time around.  I guess pretty little stemware is truly meant for girls.

Today I'm Smiling...
because I had an unexpected day off and I've been fiddling with the house.