February 5, 2009

Thrift Thursday

This white pedestal bowl was picked up a while back on one of my thrifting trips. I thought I'd show it to you because pieces like this are very easy to find and come in handy to have. I like the crispness and freshness about them. Recently, I filled this bowl with fresh strawberries and placed it on a large silver platter with a white doilie underneath. It gave a little height to the serving tray and brightened it right up. I have many of these white pieces in different shapes and sizes and never seem to tire of them.
I found four of these salad plates last week. They were manufactured by Mikasa between 1974 and 1976. I thought they were fun and cheerful and would make a nice addition to the plain white everyday dishware that I use.
I don't have any information about this piece of fabric, but I know it's old and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I'm not sure what I'll make, but I'm envisioning it with polka dots of some sort.

And just for fun :: this doll wasn't thrifted but it's old. It was made by my grandmother and was a gift to me when I was a little girl. Isn't she darling?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in on the swap!

    I love the curtains in your header, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.