February 6, 2009

Fabric Stash And A Fat Quarter Swap

I made my first quilt about ten years ago. It was a small quilt in the nine-patch pattern. Since then, I've probably made another dozen or so quilts most of which were sewn for charity or given as a gift. I never really had a fabric stash (I know, I hear the gasps from you quilters out there). Truthfully, I didn't really understand the reason for having a stash (too much clutter for me). But something has happened recently. My sewing room shelves have slowly been filling up and I'm kind of liking it. There's something about being surrounded by the colors and patterns that really fuels the creative spirit. True quilters would probably giggle at my "stash". It's pretty sparse as far as stashes go, but I'm enjoying it just the same.
:: some are new designs ::
:: and some are vintage pieces that I adore :: :: and these are small cuts for little projects or scrappy quilts ::
I like to see other people's stashes too. This is one of my very favorites. Manda, from Tree Fall Design, really has an eye for choosing fabric and her storage method is gorgeous. That is definitely my idea of a dream stash.
So, in the spirit of increasing my stash, I am very excited to be participating in my first fabric swap! It's being hosted by Darci at Stitches and Scissors. Vist Darci to see what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. Your stash is much better organized than mine! I need more space. Thanks for posting about the swap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.