January 23, 2013

I Meant to Take Photos


I didn't want to believe it when I learned many folks find the topic of health and nutrition to be a little dry.  Gasp!  How is that possible?  I can't seem to get enough.  And so, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have a few women in my life who share the passion with me.  

I spent last evening chatting, eating, and sharing with one of those women.  She's that special kind of friend that, when in her company, an entire evening feels like only an hour.  The kind of girl that makes all her friends feel like they're the very best friend.  The kind of friend that leaves you with a smile and an extra skip in your step.  The kind of friend who cooks a delicious dinner for you, brings it over, and leaves the leftovers behind!

I meant to take photos but time flew.  Instead you see the aftermath this morning as the sun shines in.  There was no loss for words.  I can assure you of that.  We caught up on favorite blogs, new books, apps that we're enjoying, and all the other chit chat that happens between two friends.  I shared the first batch of candies made with my new silicone mold.  No scary ingredients in those little hearts, just a combination of whole foods that taste absolutely fantastic together.  

My heart and belly are full.