January 31, 2011

A Pile of Buttons


Buttons.  Oh, I so love buttons.  Especially old buttons.  And buttons that were snipped right off a discarded piece of clothing.  They're the best.  See that little blue one up there?  It still has the thread hanging from it.  I love that.  These buttons were purchased at a quilt show hubby and I went to this weekend.  I could hardly wait to get home and sort through them.


Oh my, there are some goodies in my new pile of buttons.  And see the jack?  That really made me smile.  I was immediately taken back to my childhood days, sitting on the kitchen floor (in a position I surely could not do now) playing jacks for hours.  The kitchen floor looked like brick, but it was made of vinyl.  The ball bounced really well on that floor.


Whoops.  I got a little sidetracked.  Back to the buttons.  The one with the black flower made my heart skip a beat, but they're all pretty special to me.  I hope to sew some of these buttons on tiny sweaters one day.  Please excuse me while I go hone my knitting skills.