September 22, 2009

Autumn

Well, what do you know? Autumn is here!

A few things I love about Autumn:

  • Going to the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin with the perfect stem (I'm all about the stem)
  • Vibrant fall color
  • Apple picking
  • My mom's pumkin cake (I'll share the recipe here - it's scrumptious)
  • Walks in the woods with my honey :: we call it "leaf crunching" and we do it every year
  • Homemade applesauce
  • Soup, stew and chili
  • Long sleeves, sweaters and scarves all layered together
  • Vibrant fall color
  • Boots
  • Colorful leaves against a deep blue sky
  • Sitting in front of the fireplace
  • Early morning exercise in the brisk cool air
  • Vibrant fall color
  • Pansies, mums and ornamental cabbage
  • Holding a hot cup of coffee on a chilly day
  • Jean jackets (with a vintage pin of course)

Did I mention that I love vibrant fall color? Well I do. I'm not sure why I feel so strongly about fall. Maybe it's because I was born in this season. Were you born in your favorite season? I'm interested to know.