June 16, 2009

A Beautiful Arrangement

Over the weekend we picked up the final round of flowers to finish potting our patio containers. The bright yellow spring pansies were beginning to look a little tired from the hot sun so it was time to replace them with some flowers that will last the duration of the summer. It was slim pickings at our favorite nursery but we ended up with petunias, geranium and, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of those adorable little orange flowers. Anybody know? And about the beautiful arrangement :: it wasn't the pot of flowers at all. It was the fact that I showed hubby exactly where I wanted them and then went inside where it was nice and cool while he did all the dirty work. Why didn't I think of that earlier in the season when all of the other containers needed planting? Yes, a beautiful arrangement indeed.