June 15, 2009

Comfortable Cookbooks

I'm not sure how long I've had this cookbook but there's a handwritten notation from December of 2000 on the Pumpkin-Walnut Pie recipe . I think I've owned it far longer than nine years though. I first saw Claire's Corner Copia Cookbook in my local library and liked it so much that I purchased a copy of my own. It's one of the many cookbooks in my collection that I peruse through regularly. Claire's Corner Copia is a vegetarian restaurant in New Haven, Connecticut. I've never been there, but if I'm ever in the area I'd sure like to try it out.
Last week I made the Greek Salad. It was great as is, but even better in a whole wheat pita pocket with roasted red pepper hummus. Yum. I don't have permission to put the recipe here, but if you are so inclined, I bet you could find a copy of the book at your local library too. And if you do, try the White Bean Soup with Sweet Potato. I think I'll keep this cookbook on the counter for a while - the Curried Zucchini and Brown Rice Pilaf is calling my name.