June 18, 2009

Summer Joys

:: Farmer's Markets ::
:: Berry Picking ::
:: Sunflowers ::
My kitchen's been bustling this week with lots of berry preparation. Here's what's been made so far:
:: frozen berries for smoothies ::
:: strawberry bread ::
:: strawberry cheesecake ice cream ::
:: strawberry puree for belgian waffles ::
:: just plain sliced strawberries ::
:: strawberry garden salad ::
The strawberry salad has been our favorite. We've eaten it for three days in a row. It's this one again, but for the salad we used farmer's market lettuce mix, feta cheese, red onion, toasted pecans and a generous helping of strawberries. We've decided this is perfection - no need to tweak the recipe any further. The only change I make to the Cinnamon Vinaigrette is to replace the 3 tablespoons of sugar with 2 tablespoons of agave nectar. Delicious!!
Whew! The kitchen is officially closed for today......I hear my sewing room calling.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've never tried making strawberry bread. Blueberry, banana, pumpkin...I've got those down, but not strawberry. Sounds yummy.

    And we'll defintily have to try the strawberry salad. That sounds perfect for dinner after an evening to bike riding in the heat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.