May 11, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wow! What a great weekend. The weather was fantastic and we packed in everything we possibly could.

My college student gave me this new book for Mother's Day. I've been eyeing it at Borders for quite some time and hubby was tuned in enough to remember (thanks honey). It's loaded with photos and basic instruction for learning all kinds of sewing techniques. We tried a new restaurant on Saturday evening. It was just O.K., but the dessert we had later in the evening was scrumptious! I had a slice of this. Do you think it was fattening? :) Yesterday we worked in the garden. Would you like a little tour? We made the rounds at our local nurseries, gathering plants for the window boxes, containers and potager garden. This will be our fourth gardening season in our "new" house and we're beginning to get it down to a system. We know what works well and what survives the windy weather, and we're sticking to it! There's still room for some creativity and play but the basics are covered.
This area is just about finished. A few more annuals and a final layer of compost and we can sit back and watch it grow.
Last years' oregano, thyme, sage and rosemary are doing well, and I planted some basil, parsley, cilantro and pinapple sage.
This is called Kim's Knee High. It's a dwarf coneflower and one of my favorites.
I'm off to do some more planting this morning. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't peanut butter a good source of protein!!??? Oh that's right you'd already had dinner!!! :) :) LOL. Your garden is looking Lovely. I REALLY need to get to mine. Looking forward to watching your garden grow and seeing what comes out of that new sewing book. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.