May 8, 2009

My Mom

:: Three Generations, 1955 ::
My mom was sixteen in the photo above (she's in the center). Three years later she became a mother for the first time. She is, without a doubt, the most selfless person I know. By age twenty-three, she had three children.

She was a stay-at-home mom, and was really good at what she did. Can you imagine having three young children at the age of twenty-three? My mom became a "Granny" to her first grandchild (our son) at the age of forty-six. I'm not sure what I would have done without her that first night I brought my new baby home. Today, she has seven lucky grandchildren who have grown up knowing that Granny's door is always open. And, she makes the best darn Scotcharoos you could ask for!

:: Photo Compliments of Hubby ::
Happy 50th Mother's Day Mom. I Love You!