May 6, 2009

Not So Healthy But Really Good

Last week I needed something to take to a get-together and was looking for a recipe that called for basic ingredients I had on hand. This Apple Bread recipe fit the bill. It comes from the Puffin Inn in Ogunquit, Maine by way of Recipezaar. It's so easy to throw together and it makes two loaves. I took one loaf to my quilt guild gathering and the other loaf to my grandmother. Based on everyone's feedback, it's definitely a keeper. If you decide to try it, don't be concerned that the dough is super thick. The recipe says to pour the batter into the pan, but it definitely isn't pourable - it's almost as thick as a yeast bread dough. I think I might try making this again and freezing it. It would be great to have on hand when you need something quick to serve with coffee. I love Recipezaar!!