May 13, 2009

Garden Party Napkins

This time of year when the weather is beautiful and there's garden work to do, my sewing room gets a little lonely. To fill my desire to sew in the little snippets of time that are available, I decided to make some napkins out of this gorgeous Garden Party fabric by Anna Maria Horner.
I'm pairing it with a fabric from Heather Bailey's Freshcut line that just seemed to coordinate perfectly. It may take some time to get all eight dinner napkins and eight cocktail napkins completed, but I've finished one and couldn't wait to show you.
I'm outnumbered by males in our home but they are really good sports when it comes to things like this. Hubby uses my girly cloth napkins without saying a word. He even appeases me when I ask for his opinion about the perfect size for a dinner napkin. My college student? He says something like this when he reaches for his napkin, "Aw Mom, are you serious?" and then proceeds to place it in his lap and continue on. I've said it before but I'll say it again. I'm a very lucky girl.