March 22, 2009

Heavenly Day

It's a gorgeous day here today so we spent a little time in the garden. Mr. Rabbit's been hibernating in the shed, so we dusted him off and returned him to his place of honor. There are some tulip and crocus bulbs popping up around him and we've planted a little something for him to munch on.
:: Lettuce ::
We have five different varieties of lettuce seeds and will plant one type each weekend so they are ready to be harvested at different times. Hubby and I aren't very experienced vegetable gardeners but it sure will be fun to see what we end up with. I can almost taste those fresh crunchy salads now. I was listening to my iPod Shuffle while gardening and one of my favorites songs came on. It was so appropriate for today. If you haven't heard Patty Griffin's song titled Heavenly Day, you might want to check it out (you can listen to a clip here). Beautiful!

Hoping your weekend has been full of warmth and sunshine.