March 23, 2009

Food, Food, and More Food

Is it strange to photograph your dinner? You do it too, don't you? Well, I didn't make this dinner, but it was so beautiful I couldn't run for the camera fast enough.
:: avocado sushi ::
:: steamed spinach in some kind of wonderful sauce ::
:: seaweed salad ::
I'd never had seaweed salad before but it was really very good!
Where's hubby's plate you ask? Well, his was slightly different than mine but right up his alley and he made it himself.
:: Filet Mignon with caramelized onions ::
:: baked potatoes with all the fixins ::
:: no vegetable anywhere in sight ::
Sorry, no photo. It wasn't very colorful and I'm all about color.
In the kitchen this morning I'm making more Sweet and Savory Nuts. I'll be taking them to a friend as a hostess gift today.
And here's a recipe I've been wanting to share with you. It's so simple to make.
Bake some sweet potatoes. When finished baking and still very hot, peel and place in food processor. Add eggs (I use one egg per one decent sized sweet potato) and process until smooth. The heat from the potatoes "cooks" the egg and you end up with a heavenly sweet puree that has protein too! I keep this in the refrigerator for those times when I just want a little something. A heaping tablespoon straight from the fridge is just enough to satisfy me. And it's beautiful to look at too.