February 26, 2009

Thrift Thursday

A couple of weeks ago I found myself in a thrift find scenario that goes something like this:
:: see the set of cannisters sitting on the shelf ::
:: inhale quickly and hold breath ::
:: feel heart rate rapidly increase ::
:: nonchalantly scan the area to see if anyone else is nearby ::
:: reach for the items as if they need to be inspected ::
:: scoop directly into basket ::
Unfortunately, hubby didn't have the same physical reaction when I brought them home to show him. Can you believe it? I know, neither could I. Thankfully, he's a good man and he likes to see me get excited about the little things. The tea cannister is my favorite. I love the whimsical little drawing.

These two trays were calling my name as well:

The flower pin was another thrift find from months ago, and the black pin belonged to my dad's mom who we called Mumom. I thought they looked pretty sitting on the tray.

And the backdrop???? Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party in olive. Isn't is gorgeous?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I want to go thrifting with you. Those pieces are gorgeous. Last time I thrifted, I got a cute pair of jeans, a skirt, two blouses, a jacket and a pair of never been worn shoes... Thrifting is the best.
    Anna S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.