January 4, 2009

Branching Out

If you put your glasses on and squint real hard, you might be able to envision this as someday becoming a baby sweater. While dishcloths are easy and fairly quick to make, I decided that it's time to step outside of my comfort zone and learn some new skills. This pattern is called the "Matinee Jacket" and is in the book Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie. There are so many sweet projects in this book. One important lesson I learned while making this sweater is that, quite often, there will be a few errors in the final publication of a book or magazine. If you are starting a new project it's a good idea to go online and search for any revisions that may have been made since the book/pattern was published. There were a few misprints in this pattern that I didn't know about when I started knitting - lesson learned but no harm done.