December 17, 2008

Breakfast Staple

These are the ingredients for the breakfast shake that I make almost every morning. It tastes delicious, is extremely healthy, and keeps my hunger at bay for several hours. It was inspired by the "Chocolate Raspberry Peanut Butter Smoothie" that our local health food market sells. They use chocolate soy milk as a base but I substitute unsweetened vanilla almond milk because it has very little sugar. Here's my version: My Favorite Breakfast Shake: 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk 1 heaping tablespoon rice protein powder (vanilla or chocolate) 1 tablespoon flax oil 1 really big heaping over tablespoon natural peanut butter 1 frozen banana 3/4 cup (approximately) frozen raspberries Blend together until nice and creamy. If it's too watery you can add some ice cubes. If it's too thick add some more almond milk. I like to use organic ingredients when possible. Yum!