January 10, 2012

Study Break



The halfway point has come and gone and today I'm studying for exam number two. I'm learning how to listen to my body instead of feeling stuck in the confusion of nutrition information that surrounds us.  Our bodies know :: we just need to be present and listen.


At times, I feel like a kid in a candy shop.  I want to take it all in and then share the goodness with others.  It's like buying penny candy.  You don't have to commit to one school of thought, you can take a little bit of each and create your own assortment :: one that's specifically designed for you.


It's essential, for me, to work in a soothing environment.  A lighted candle is one of my staples.  There's always a lighted candle when it's time to study.


I'm slightly mismatched today.  Fuzzy socks, pajama pants, a sweatshirt, and my three-dollar thrifted coat-length sweater.  Warm and comfortable is the goal and nothing else matters.  


Mason jars are my beverage glass of choice when studying.  Add a pretty china plate and a fun glass straw and I'm ready for whatever comes my way.  


I'm wondering, are you struggling with health and lifestyle goals or do you feel as though you're in a place of balance?  I'd love it if you'd take a moment to share.