January 17, 2012

Soup, Soup and More Soup



This soup is a conglomeration of ingredients we had in the kitchen yesterday.  I'm going to call it Colorful Coconut Curry Stoup.  Rachel Ray uses the term stoup and it's fitting here.  It's thicker than soup and chock full of beautiful veggies.  It was dinner last night, lunch today, and I'll happily eat it tomorrow too.  


It's a little damp outside and I can't seem to keep warm.  I was never a soup girl before, but this year a warm bowlful is the first thing that comes to mind.  The second thing coming to my mind today is baked apples.  This recipe sounds delicious :: organic vanilla will make it special, I think.  I'll omit the sugar since there's no room for it in my diet these days.  No gluten either.  Or dairy.  It's been surprisingly manageable....as long as we prepare our food at home.