January 25, 2012

Choices



Dare I say I've kicked the coffee habit?  I've been down this road a handful of times before.  Coffee doesn't serve me well.  It's been a couple of months since my last cup.  I don't miss it, until I smell a freshly brewed cup.  I like to take one slow, deep breath to enjoy the aroma.  That's enough, and then I move on.


I was minding my own business this morning, sipping on a cup of Pau d'Arco and listening to Dr. Neil Barnard share his beliefs about the benefits of a vegan diet.  And then I noticed this message:


Funny how six little words can stop you in your tracks.  "Your choices will change the world".  I've never been an activist, or even a leader.  I'm just one person trying to quietly live a good and healthy life.  I do have passions.  And I love to share.  I've been known to encourage friends and family to join me on this journey to nourish our bodies with real food.  But certainly, my choices aren't powerful enough to change the world.  Or are they?  Here's an excerpt from my 25-year-old son's Facebook page:


"Just made my first green smoothie and it actually wasn't that bad.  Maybe my mom is on to something........"

Ah....so that's how it works.  Yes.  We have the ability, with the choices we make and the examples we set, to inspire one another and ultimately change the world.  A mother's work is never done.  :)