December 29, 2011

Liberty, Linen and Love

Small projects are the best.  You know, the kind that take just one quiet afternoon to complete from beginning to end.  Well, minus the dreaming and planning that occurs ahead of time.  That part's fun too.



This project was a gift for my friend.  It's a dish mat, made with Liberty of London Tana Lawn, natural linen, and a bath towel.  I followed this tutorial loosely, changing the layout a bit and reworking the dimensions so the size was similar to this store-bought version.  I think the smaller size will better accommodate her counter space.


While shopping online for Christmas gifts, I stumbled upon these Clover Wonder Clips (Merry Christmas to me).  They'll be great when binding a quilt, but also came in handy here :: a nice change from pins and easy to remove as you go.


I love the feel of this dish mat.  Very substantial yet soft and floppy too.  I'm planning to make a set for my kitchen using different print and linen combinations. I'll probably make the larger size, as there is plenty of space beside my sink and a slew of vintage Pyrex that requires hand washing.




Made with Liberty, Linen and Love.



Pin It