November 12, 2010

My Go-To Meal


Do you have a go-to meal?  You know, the one you find yourself preparing when you're pressed for time.  The one that you could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never tire of?  The one that comes to mind when you need a little something comforting?  I do, and I thought I'd share it with you today.  It doesn't have a name yet, but it definitely deserves one.  Here's the very simple "recipe":


In a small bowl, mash one avocado with a sprinkling of salt (a squeeze of lime juice is good too, but if you're in a hurry you can omit that and it's still super yummy).  Meanwhile, toast two slices of healthful bread but be sure to time it right so your toast  doesn't get cold before you finish mixing up the avocado spread.  That part is really important.


Now pile the avocado mixture onto the toast and drizzle smother with smokey chipotle hot sauce.  If you're a dainty eater you could share this, but I'm not so I eat every last bite.