September 18, 2010

Did You Know......

that chocolate bars can speak?  They can.  Trust me.  There's a box of chocolate bars inside that cabinet door right now.  We purchased the big box, thirty-six bars to be exact.


















You see, there was an engagement party and many guests.  A party isn't a party without S'mores, right?    There was a fire in the fireplace, and marshmallows and graham crackers.  The party's over now, and we have lots of leftover chocolate bars.

There's something about this particular brand of chocolate bar.  It's smooth and creamy and it breaks into perfect little rectangles.  The sight of the wrapper causes childhood memories to come flooding back.  Memories of finding that perfect stick and roasting marshmallows until crispy and golden.






















These chocolate bars have been speaking to me.  Every time I walk past the cabinet I can hear them.  It goes something like this, "Yoo-Hoo...we know you're trying to ignore us, but we're still here!  We're really tasty, and we even make a great meal substitute when you don't particularly feel like stopping to fix something."  They are very persuasive little things.   And I've been weak.

Today's a new day though.  I spent Friday afternoon with a special friend, chatting about health.  We do this periodically to inspire one another and to keep ourselves on track in this journey to be the best we can be.

I'm feeling stronger than those chocolate bars today.  They're still in the cabinet and still speaking to me.  They are loud and relentless, and a little bossy too.  I'm going to choose not to listen.



I'm wondering......do chocolate bars speak to you too?