January 26, 2010

Friendship Star Quilt-A-Long

There's a party going on. It's a block party. Twelve ladies were invited to the party and they're making and sharing quilt blocks. The rest of us have been warmly invited to quilt along on our own and they're even sharing tutorials! The first block is the Friendship Star and you can find the tutorial here. Instructions for a variation of that block can be found here. This block is so easy to make and I love it's simplicity. I chose fabric from my stash. The floral is Zen Blossoms by Michael Miller. I fell in love with it a year or two ago and purchased two yards to tuck away. I'm going to make as many blocks as I can with the fabric I have. It will be fun to see how this evolves.
If you want to see what others are doing, check out the Block Party Quilt Along Flickr Group. I think you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Laura, your points are perfect! With those colors, I am sure your quilt will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.