August 1, 2009

Thrifting Withdrawal

It's been a while since I've been thrifting. Summer finds me outside more, tending to the garden, and then in the kitchen more, washing and chopping and cooking. I do have a couple of really great thrift finds to share with you today though - things that I've been keeping for a special project we've been working on. This little oscillating fan looks as good as new, and it's pretty powerful too. It's a Sears Kenmore brand. I fell in love the minute I saw it. And the dresser scarf it's sitting on? Lovingly handstictched by someone who favors cheerful colors for sure. But this picture, oh my. This picture made my heart skip a beat. It's just a piece of linen fabric stretched and framed, simple but so heartwarming. I'll show you our special project soon. Hubby's been working on it here and there since last fall and I'm now working on the finishing touches. I think these thrift finds are going to fit right in.

1 comment:

  1. I always loved sitting in front of an oscillating fan. Now everything is ceiling fans. Your fabric pieces were wonderful finds!

    Looking forward to seeing what you're creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.