August 18, 2009

Knitting and Dreaming of Fall

Yesterday, I finished the Wedding Washcloth while visiting with some of my quilting friends at our local coffee shop. The yarn was so wonderful to work with and the finished cloth is soft and luxurious. I envision gifting a stack of these wrapped in beautiful ribbon with a handmade soap tucked inside. It was so much fun I needed another project to work on............ and because I adore the fall time and it's pretty darn hot in our area right now, I decided to pull this scarf out of my unfinished project pile and get it finished up. I'm anticipating wrapping it around my neck as I'm heading out the door on a crisp, cool morning to take a walk through the freshly fallen leaves. Ahhh....can you feel it? This afternoon I'm taking my neice out for a farewell lunch. She's heading to college this week to start her first semester of nursing school. She's very smart, level headed, and grounded and I know she'll be a fantastic student. Wishing you a beautiful day and thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the world :)