July 25, 2009

Super Healthy Snacks

I tried another new recipe this week. These are called Cinnamon Girls and they're healthy truffles from Matt Amsden's Rawvolution cookbook. They won the approval of our son who has kicked and screamed and fought off my healthy eating suggestions for most of his life. He turned up his nose as I was making them, but later announced, "these are actually pretty good". The base is ground raw almonds and they are held together with agave nectar. I own the cookbook (and love it) but if you don't, you can find the recipe posted here. These truffles are from the same cookbook. They're called Savoy Truffles and I posted about them way back in January. I happened to see the recipe here along with some other great-looking things (just scroll about halfway down the page). Of the two, I think the Savoy Truffles are my favorite (sort of like an Almond Joy) but they are both very delicious. I hope you'll try them and if you do, I'd love to know what you think.