June 13, 2009

Thrifting and a Surprise Estate Sale

Before I tell you about my morning, I've been meaning to show you some recent thrift finds. These two framed paint-by-number covered bridges screamed at me as I walked down the aisle of one of my favorite flea market stores. I adore them. They have yet to be hung, but their new home will be in the upstairs rec room area. I'll show you when they get situated.
And these dishes are made by Pyrex. I love the oval shape and the cheerful turquoise floral pattern. They've been used several times already, as they are just perfect for serving lunch or a small dinner.
So, about my morning. Hubby and I headed out early to visit three yard sales in the area and to run a few errands. Not much luck, but I did find a cheerful little vintage pillowcase. We headed to the downtown bakery for a breakfast treat and on the way stumbled across an ESTATE SALE!! Hubby wasn't impressed by what he saw, but I have to tell you that I am on cloud nine. I must go now :: I have linens to launder. I'll tell you all about it next week.
Have a wonderful weekend! ***************************************************************************
Visit here to enter my giveaway. I'll draw a winner tomorrow.
****************************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, lavender is my favorite Dr Bronner's soap! And I LOVE stumbling upon estate sales and finding neat things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.