April 28, 2009

A Gift From My Mom

My mom gave me that vintage pitcher yesterday. She's thoughtful like that. I wonder how she knew I love vintage pitchers? It's so springy looking, isn't it? I picked up some cilantro and parsley over the weekend. This year I decided to do a little test and compare those started from transplants versus those started from seed. I haven't had much luck with cilantro transplants in years past so it will be interesting to see how the seeds do. My neighbor, Stephanie, inspired me to write about herbs. Since I'm definitely just a trial and error type of gardener, I did a little bit of research on cilantro. Here's some great planting and harvesting tips. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to put the transplants in the ground since it's going to be in the nineties again today.
And for you Dawn, those colorful flowers are a perennial called phlox. They are springtime bloomers - so nice to see when not much else is blooming.
Oh, and one more thing. See that tablecloth? My mom gave that to me too - years ago. I've collected a few since then, but this one will always be my favorite.