March 18, 2009

Gratitude and Inspiration

I am a huge fan of Amanda Soule's blog, Soule Mama . Although I'm finished raising children I still thoroughly enjoy reading about her fresh ideas for creative parenting. There's something in her words that bring about an enormous sense of serenity and warmth. She's also pretty fantasic in the sewing and knitting department. A while back, Amanda generously posted a tutorial for something she calls a Gratitude Wrap. I fell in love with it and went to work on making a couple of my own. I constructed mine differently and made some modifications on the inside, but the inspiration definitely came straight from her tutorial. Since that time, my Gratitude Wraps have been buried in the depths of my UFO pile. I'd pull them out every now and then, look at them a bit, and then put them back in the pile to be completed later. Well, guess what? Today was the day. I completed one of the wraps and I'm really happy with it!! This one was sewn right sides together and then turned and topstitched. The one that has yet to be completed will need a binding around the edges. I have a bit of a binding phobia so I saved it for last. My goal is to complete it next week. I'll show you the end result :: no matter what the outcome :) Here's how it looks right now:
Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific idea! I love the idea of having everything for writing a note in one spot. Lovely! (great fabric too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.