January 12, 2009

Yum!

Right now it's winter break for our college student. We love having him home and one of the things we enjoy doing together when he's home is cooking. This recipe is called Spicy Crab Cakes with Lemon Aloi Sauce and we found it on the Food Network website. We give it four stars out of five which qualifies as being a "keeper".

He made this recipe himself and even gave it a chef-worthy presentation.

There were a few alterations to the ingredient list:

  • eliminated the chopped red pepper
  • used Old Bay seasoning instead of crab boil seasoning
  • elimanted the fresh parsley
  • used crushed saltine crackers instead of panko bread crumbs

And he baked them in the oven instead of frying them.

We all agreed that this dinner was as good as any we would have gotten in a fine dining establishment.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering. Crab cakes are the best and that recipe will be tried at my house. If only I had a handsome college student in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.