January 19, 2009

Dessert Without The Guilt

Savoy Truffles
I was trying to decide whether or not to post these truffles. You see, when I post a recipe or link to a recipe that I've tried, I want to feel confident that it's a great one :: one that you would be happy you took the time to make. I really like these truffles but I do have a somewhat "alternative" approach to food and I thought this recipe surely needed a preface. Something like this:

"I think this is a fantastic recipe. However, in my quest for healthy eating, my tastebuds have evolved. I no longer enjoy fast food (detest it really), primarily eat a vegetarian diet, actually get excited about pure and healthy food, and have been accused of being less than normal by the males in my family."

Now, that said, don't be fooled. I still struggle with sweets of any kind (right now it happens to be Ben & Jerrys Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream).
These "Savoy Truffles" are in a cookbook called RAWvolution, by Matt Amsden. They're made with ground almonds and have no refined sugar. All the ingredients are healthy. And. They. Are. Delicious. I shared them with a couple of girlfriends and guess what? They liked them! And, they said I should definitly post about them and I don't even need a preface.
I hope you like them too.