June 13, 2011

Monday Musings


It's mid-day and sixty-six degrees as I sit at my computer and type.  What a welcome change in weather this is.  The weekend was perfect :: just enough housework (but not too much), a visit from the kids, a movie date, and a free Sunday evening to relax.


Some disjointed thoughts for today..........


It's kind to feed container plants a little bit each time you water.  An eighth of a teaspoon of plant food per gallon of water :: they like the consistency.  This I learned from a master gardener in my local area.


Hubby and I have lots of containers scattered around our yard.  We make our plant food in empty water jugs which are stored in recycle bins.  This works out wonderfully for our daily watering routine and keeps things nice and tidy.


The UPS man just left two packages at my door :: bridal shower gifts sent from friends and family.  The shower's in two weeks and I think we might make this.  Looks yummy, doesn't it?


I'm starting to use some of my vintage sheet collection.  This one paired well with linen and ended up as a wrapping cloth from this book.  I forgot to take a photo before I gifted it to my friend.  I like the idea of wrapping cloths.  More on that another day.


We're still picking strawberries from our little 4'x8' patch.  This is our favorite way to eat them, but we've been adding them to the breakfast yogurt too.


Happy Monday, friends.