January 22, 2010

How Many......

vintage ladies wool coats does one person need? Never mind. Don't answer that. The way I look at it, I'm rescuing them. It's the right thing to do, and besides, I have a connection with these beauties. This one was just begging to come home with me and be reunited with the hat that matches so perfectly. Who knows? Maybe they were owned by the same sweet lady.

After close inspection I'd say this coat is in perfect vintage condition. It was definitely loved and well cared for. I did a little search for vintage coats, and found one that's almost identical. It's listed for nineteen times the price I paid. I'd say that's quite an investment I just made. Well, only if I was silly enough to part with it. I'm not that silly and anyway, we've already bonded. These gorgeous, all-cotton, lavender vintage pillowcases came home with me too.

1 comment:

  1. In anticipation of spring being on it's way, I finally started working on Amelia's pillowcase dress. I'm still trying to find the perfect ribbon to use as the ties. When I do, I'll be sure to send you a picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.