January 17, 2010

Favorite Places

On these chilly winter days, one of my favorite things to do is curl up in bed with a pile of books and a hot cup of tea. We keep the thermostat at 64 degrees (our friends say it's the coldest house they've ever been in) so climbing under two fluffy down comforters feels very nice. Cookbooks, sewing books, and gardening books usually make up the pile, but right now I'm reading a novel. Somehow between my teenage years and my forties, I stopped reading for pleasure. I forgot how much I love to read. Our bedroom is one of my favorite places to be. It's small by today's standards, but cozy and comfortable :: just perfect for us. Sometimes, when hubby gets home late, I'm already settled in. Hubby isn't a lounge-in-bed kind of guy (I'm working on that), but he'll bring his dinner in so we can share time together. It doesn't usually take long before we're joined by furry friends. They like the soft, warm bed too.
The pillow above was a gift from a lady who's been crocheting her entire life. She makes the most beautiful things and doesn't even need a pattern to work from. I crocheted the afghan. My son said it's the ugliest thing he's ever seen. Nice. A few months from now you'll probably find me in the garden, but for now, the bedroom is my favorite place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As soon as I saw the picture with your afghan I thought I LOVE that, I need to get better at crocheting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.