January 10, 2010

Bowl of Comfort

Brrrrrrr. It's cold. It's the kind of weather that makes you feel like inviting a special friend over and curling up with bowl of soup. That's what I did on Friday. Special friends are such a gift. You don't have to worry about the dust bunnies and dirty windows and you can serve them a recipe you've never tried before. I did that on Friday too. Lucky for me, the Sweet Potato, Corn & Jalapeno Bisque was yummy. It came from a new-to-me blog called Everybody Likes Sandwiches. This link takes you to a post that highlights favorite recipes from 2009. That's where you'll find the soup recipe if you're so inclined.
****
A couple of notes about preparation:
****
The recipe calls for two jalapeno peppers that are seeded and finely diced. I followed the recipe and there's certainly a kick to this soup. I wouldn't change a thing, but if you're sensitive to spicy food you may want to adjust a little. Also, a pair of disposable gloves are the cat's meow when working with jalapenos. Great soup + Great Friends = Comfort. Enjoy!