October 28, 2009

Reflection

About this time, four years ago, hubby and I began packing every belonging we owned into cardboard boxes. We were excitedly preparing to move into our labor of love. For almost two years, we'd been researching, planning, coordinating, watching and waiting. Our move took place on a cold and snowy December day in 2005. This is definitely where we're meant to be.
***************
Fast forward to October 2009. It's a beautiful fall evening and I come to a screeching halt when I see this: A beautiful view of nature through the front door, a crisp shadow on the wall, and a reflection of it all in the mirror. How could I have missed this for the past four years? As silly as it may sound, writing this blog has opened my eyes. I see things very differently now. I've discovered a love of photography and aspire to learn more about it. I've made connections with people I would never have come into contact with if it weren't for blogging. I've been able to share a tiny bit of my life with others and, in doing so, I've received so much more. I find myself on a constant search for the beauty and positivity in life. It's been good and I truly love this little space of mine. Thank you for sharing it with me.
******************************************
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
" The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind."
*******************************************
~Wayne Dyer

2 comments:

  1. Love your thoughts for the day, Laura!
    Your friend,
    Wamda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindred! I was just contemplating these same thoughts! Blogging has brought bliss and blessings to my life as well.
    Thanks for your little space...I love to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.