September 1, 2009

Simplifying

I've designated September to be a month of renewal. To get back on track. To regain control. I've been slipping. Not enough exercise and too many poor dietary choices. Not making the best use of my time and just feeling a little out of control. I've decided to take a step back, slow down, and allow myself to be commitment free for this entire month. I'm going to focus on staying home more and settling into a routine. I'm going to simplify. For dinner last night, we had Flounder With Parmesan Crust and Brown Rice with Onions, Garlic, and Pecans. It was a healthy and delicious meal that will definitely become part of our routine meal planning. The sauce on the fish was the best part. The ingredients are yogurt (I used Greek style), parmesan cheese, dijon mustard, lemon juice and horseradish. I doubled the amount of horseradish, as suggested by some of the reviewers, and it was perfect. Instead of spreading the sauce on both sides of the fish, I just put it on top. Next time I'll raise the oven rack so that cooking time is reduced and it browns a little better. Simple and healthy. And did you notice the plate? There are officially twenty-0ne more days until Fall. Not that I'm counting or anything.