July 14, 2009

Man Cave

We live in a Cape Cod style home. The upper level houses our son's bedroom and bath on one side, the guest room on the other side and what we refer to as the Rec Room in the middle. The Rec Room has really turned out to be the man cave. It overlooks the first level Great Room but when the shutters are closed, to control the light, it turns into the perfect space for doing all of those technology-related things that men love to do. There's comfy furniture that reclines (this was very important). More remote controls than I'll ever know what to do with (if you look closely you'll see an instruction sheet on one of the controls :: hubby created that for me). And all of the devices one needs in a man cave.
But look!! My guys are willing to share this manly space with me and they'll even let me turn the lights on so I can read or do hand work while I'm hanging out with them. I'm telling you :: I'm a very lucky girl.