June 26, 2009

Homebodies

It's hard to believe we've been in our home for three and a half years now. The building process was definitely a labor of love, as hubby and I attended to every little detail knowing that this would be our "forever home". We are definitely homebodies in every sense of the word. We find great joy in fiddling in the yard or working on some kind of new project.
I am truly grateful for having a partner who supports my excitement when it comes to changing things in the house or discussing a new decorating idea. He doesn't always agree, but he's usually willing to go with the flow. This red ceiling, however, was a different story: He fought it. I begged. And pleaded. And whined. And promised to repaint it if he absolutely hated it. He relented. He thinks the red ceiling makes the powder room look like a brothel. It's been red for three and a half years now. I still love it.
My mom recently gave me the cross stitch picture. It had been sitting in her basement collecting dust. Thanks mom:)
I'm thinking of making a new shower curtain for the summer - maybe out of a Liberty of London print for a lighter, airier feel. What do you think?
**Please pardon my formatting issues - I'm working through some difficulties**

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been enjoying your blog for a while and haven't commented to tell you so...so now I am!!! Great blog. I personally love the red ceiling. A touch of brothel isn't always bad!! As for the shower curtain...I love the idea of changing out linens and other things to match the season. Somehow it makes me feel connected to the earth...which is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting - I truly enjoyed your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made me smile. If you have a question please send me an email so I can be sure to reply.