May 30, 2009

Quick and Easy

While cleaning up after the graduation party last weekend, I sliced and froze some leftover grilled chicken breasts. They came in handy last night for a quick and easy dinner using this BBQ Chicken and Chipotle Salad recipe that's been in my "Waiting to Try" file. Since the chicken was already cooked, this salad went together in no time. I'd never used chipotle chili's in adobo before. They are pretty hot, but one chili was fine for this recipe. I ended up using about a quarter cup more BBQ sauce and mayo because I think we had more than two pounds of chicken. It's one of those recipes that you can eyeball and adjust very easily.
I don't eat chicken so I relied on my family to rate this. Hubby and son give the recipe 4.5 and 4 stars respectively (out of 5) and both say it definitely qualifies as a keeper. Based on ease of preparation, I would have to agree. This was my dinner last night:
It's a brown rice and tofu dish that was shared here. Delicious! I used parsley, garlic chives, thyme, and rosemary from the garden. The herbs and the balsamic vinegar really make this outstanding. I'll be eating it for a few days (happily) since no one else in the house will consider even getting near a tofu-filled recipe. Works for me ;).