May 19, 2009

Mixed Up Priorities

We're having a graduation party on Saturday. There's lots to do in order to get ready and we'll be attending the commencement ceremony on Thursday. I should be getting some cleaning done :: especially keeping up with the mountain of cat hair that is accumulating each day as my kitties continue to shed their winter coats.
I also need to finish planting in the garden. There's lots of plants just sitting patiently, waiting to be tended to (and watered). But I've been doing that for weeks now. And the laundry :: oh my :: the laundry that needs to be done!
So instead, I got a bee in my bonnet to create a new arrangement of wall art and stitchery in the Great Room. This could so totally have waited until after the weekend when the party's over. Do you do that? Go into denial about the uninteresting tasks that need to be done and focus on something that is creative and new? Oh yes. I do that.
And that's exactly what I've been doing today.