January 24, 2009

Fancy

A journey to one of my favorite little thrift shops months ago led me to these beauties. I was lucky enough to be the new owner of four of them. They were part of a collection of hats that were donated by a man whose mother had recently passed away. She must have been a very social lady, and probably had a fancy hat for every occassion. I don't know much about her, but I know she had a great sense of style and that she shopped at Garfinkels and Woodward and Lothrop. What kind of events do you think she wore them to? And wouldn't you love to see the dresses that she paired them with?
And, do you recognize this picture? Well, as soon as I saw it I knew it belonged with those hats.

If only I could tell her that her beautiful hats are in good hands and will be treasured for a long, long time.